Thursday, December 24, 2015

WE... ARE...BACK!



GET READY FOR MO SOUL OF A HERO!



Friends, Fans and Family! The Soul of Hero is BACK! Yes it’s been quite a while. It may seem that I have not been creating anything but that is farthest from the truth. The real story is that I have been working feverishly getting this episode / issue 2 and 3 together.

Also I have enrolled full time in art school and have that thing I call a job that I have to go to every day. I want to thank my professors at the Art Institute in Atlanta (Dunwoody Campus) for all your encouragement teaching and help. Check your desks for a special gift!Dr. Wood thanks for believing in me and allowing me to grow as an artist in the mists of my crazy career schedule! (note I still have your gift. I couldn't find a secure place to put it, so I will give it to you in person!). Prof Hawkins... I learned that Sfumato works well for making depth in comics, Prof Bolling... I learned new tricks in illustrator to help my production work flow. Prof McGonigle... I added the finger you so eloquently pointed out I missed :P , Prof Moyers... THANKS FOR PUSHING ME! This man is awesome! He forced me to learn how to paint traditionally and to draw what I see and not what I think!. This truly helped my digital flow! All of YINZ have had a great and powerful input and influence on me! I have noticed that my skill set has increased. The art of episode #3 takes a great jump from episode #2. ( and prof McGonicle’s influence can be seen in the progress form episode #1 to episode #2 also!)

MO Good news! I got a new job, I no longer work for the county but now work for the state! I am thankful that I have less responsibility and more authority at this new gig. But enough with the boring work stuff.

I want to give a HUGE shout out to one of my best supporters and friend Mike Bertucci. Mike had been there since the beginning. When I say that I men when I was a kid drawing with him on his dining room table! He motivated me to get my butt in gear and get this issue out. My next shout out goes to Big Phil Thompson. Yet another motivator. Though his is not officially on this project. Phil was a key inspiration to me in getting into comics as a kid! Next goes to Fred Hurt! Hands down, BIG FRED is one of the best raw talent artist I know. He has been putting in work since  we were in middle school. I have always been a fan of his tight stylized line work, and as yinz can see it still influences me today. The last goes out to Joe Szejk. Brother... You are my sidekick in this. Things are hard but you will overcome! SOAH is waiting on you, and your creative input for these next issues.  

Ok now that I got that out of the way... I want to say that as a Christmas present to you yinz, I have posted episode #2 in its entirety. But you will notice that it is in black and white. That is by design.... (well not really because Donny has not finished the colors) but you will be seeing the online version in black and white and the print version will be in full color (when Donny gets them colored and I get them drawn... and when Flip writes the scripts...). Anyhoo I love YINZ thanks for the support!

visit us on facebook at the SOUL OF A HERO FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment